Friday, January 01, 2016

Goals for 2016

AS mentioned in my Year in Review blog post, I have recently graduated with a masters in Library & Information Science  (LIS) from UH-Manoa.
http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2015/12/year-in-review-part-1.html


So obviously my goal is to get a full-time library job this year. There are opportunitie(s) I'm currently looking into, but I'll wait until anything becomes official before I make any announcements.


AS for substitute teaching, that will continue until I have a full-time library position.

-----------


Also mentioned on the Year in Review blog post  was my new hobby of creating digital music.  I have just created a few instrumental tracks that have been uploaded to my Soundcloud page.

I have used the Music Maker Jam app for the tracks I have created so far.

While both Music Maker Jam  & Soundcloud can be entered for free, the use of advanced settings (ie. more options, more storage space, etc.) require payment.   That will have to wait until I am done with vacation and am back to work.

I also want to try other apps to make digital music tracks too, in addition to Music Maker Jam.

I also found some music licensing agencies online that can help with music distribution (via iTunes, Google Play, etc) & getting access to publishing royalties (ie. payments whenever a track gets sampled or is used in advertisments, etc.).  Applying for an account is free, but getting advanced options cost some money.  Again, that will have to wait until I am done with vacation and am back to work.


------


So bascially, my goal is to get a full time library position, get paid, and use whatever disposable income I get to pay for my digital music making ventures.

It would be nice to get my music available on iTunes or licensed in ads so I can make some extra money, but for now, I just plan for music to be a side venture, not a full-time occupation.


----


As for other goals, I'm trying to lose the extra 20 pounds I gained during my time as a UHM graduate student. That being said, I have to get off the computer and get back on my bike right now!


Happy New Years to all!