Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UPS improvements

Back in August 2013, I wrote a blog post about my dislike of UPS
http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2013/08/not-fan-of-ups-policies.html


Here's what I mentioned

You see, UPS does NOT tell you what time they're coming by your house!

So you're expected to wait at home ALL DAY just to receive your package!

Who has time for that?

And if you live in a secured building (like I do), they can't just come in and leave your stuff by your door. Plus, I don't want stuff left outside by my door. You never know who'll be thinking  "hey, free stuff".


And even worse, their delivery workers are not allowed to call the customer's  phone # when they come by my home to confirm I'm home!

That is the most stupidest delivery  policy known to humanity!

So if you're not home when they come by (and they don't tell you when they'll come by), you got to go to their facility to pick up your item.

Their facility on Oahu is on an isolated road near the airport! If you're a bus rider, you got to get off by Nimitz and walk multiple blocks on Lagoon Drive!

and this paragraph

And UPS doesn't automatically deliver to the nearest UPS store even if you request it! You have to call the UPS Store yourself and hope they'll allow you to receive your stuff there!


That has changed!   :)


---

Last week, I ordered a book "Modern Information Retrieval" from the Barnes & Noble website.

In the past, I would receive items  from Barnes & Noble via US Post Office.

But this time, the book would be delivered by UPS!

I was expecting the worst! I was expecting to have to call UPS to hold it at their isolated facility!

But this time, I was able to go to the UPS website and they now offer the option to pick it up at the UPS Store!

So much easier than before! 

  :)