Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Not a fan of UPS policies

If you're doing online shopping, make sure you know how your stuff is being delivered before clicking the checkout button.


If the company ships your stuff directly by United Parcel Services (UPS) you may want to re-consider!


You see, UPS does NOT tell you what time they're coming by your house!

So you're expected to wait at home ALL DAY just to receive your package!

Who has time for that?

And if you live in a secured building (like I do), they can't just come in and leave your stuff by your door. Plus, I don't want stuff left outside by my door. You never know who'll be thinking  "hey, free stuff".


And even worse, their delivery workers are not allowed to call the customer's  phone # when they come by my home to confirm I'm home!

That is the most stupidest delivery  policy known to humanity!

So if you're not home when they come by (and they don't tell you when they'll come by), you got to go to their facility to pick up your item.

Their facility on Oahu is on an isolated road near the airport! If you're a bus rider, you got to get off by Nimitz and walk multiple blocks on Lagoon Drive!

And UPS doesn't automatically deliver to the nearest UPS store even if you request it! You have to call the UPS Store yourself and hope they'll allow you to receive your stuff there! 

Fed Ex isn't that messed up. They're willing to hold your stuff at the nearest FedEx Office instead of making you go to their isolated facility to get your stuff!


For deliveries, I'd rather just rely on the U.S. Post Office. I know all the jokes and complaints about the U.S. Post OfficeBut I don't have any problems with their package delivery! They have easy access to my apartment, they leave a key in my mailbox, and with that key I can just open the bigger mailbox to get my stuff!  No need to stay at home all day just to wait for the delivery worker! And no need to go to an isolated facility in the middle of nowhere! 

So yeah, I'm avoiding the UPS as much as possible.

Though if UPS changes their policy, let me know!