Thursday, April 08, 2004

More responses to Hsiang

Another response to Nicole Hsiang's paranoid article


http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/04/08/4074f72112a0f

First, when you said, "Stop making me feel guilty for being white," my jaw dropped. Not for one second in my life have I felt guilty because of the color of my skin. I may in my past have felt guilty for skipping class or lying to my parents, but not because of the color of my skin.


AMEN! There's no reason to feel unearned guilt for (gasp) being of a certain color!

The root of racism comes from people like you who can't accept the fact that a "white" person wants to be your friend because you're a good, honest person, not because we "want to make a political statement."


But in Hsiang's world, everything is about race