Sunday, November 02, 2003

More comments on Tobin's Ka Leo rants


On his rants last week, which you can read at http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/10/29/3f9f4c1b8e013

Tobin said: "You are complaining about an English class that only counted three credits."

My response: If someone hit Tobin in the face in that class, and he complains about it in the Ka Leo, how would he feel if someone said "You are complaining about an English class that only counted three credits." Not very good, right? So what if that class was just 3 credits. Most classes at UH are 3 credits.

The reason I brought up that class in my editorial is because the professor wasted class time, (and indirectly wasting the $$$ of me, my family, my classmates and their families, and the taxpayers) by commenting on things unrelated to the course. I didn't pay that money to hear a prof express hatred of the President, or rudely saying "NO!" to students who didn't give the hidden meanings that he wants to hear. 6 weeks of my life was wasted on that class that I only took to get a core requirement over with!

Of course, Tobin Jones wants me to shut up and kiss the ass of the status quo. It's not the first time he suggested that to me. Here was that comment in his rant published on 10/17/02 which you can read at

http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2002/10/17/3dae5667c9b66?in_archive=1

Tobin said : "Here is my suggestion to you: lead, follow or get out the way. Lead your fellow Rightists and have something to show, follow your current leaders and develop something to show, or stop bitching and get out of the way"

My response: Stop bitching and get out of the way? Here is Tobin indirectly saying that I no right to speak, just because (gasp) I dared to say things he disagrees with itThis just shows that Tobin doesn't want a civilized debate. He wants to shut up the opposition, so since he can't do that, he'll do the next best thing, which is write angry letters in the hopes of intimidating me from ever writing an opinion he disagrees with.