Saturday, December 10, 2022

Clearing out the Clutter (again)

 This weekend is transition time for me.

I just finished my time with some employers this past week, and start with one this coming week.

The what's and why's will be a discussion for another time.

What I really want to discuss is clearing out the folders where I keep my employment-related papers.

Obviously, I kept the most important forms, but the ones with the obsolete & not-that-important information get cleared out! Adios, Gone!

And it's not just the employers I just left.

It's the employers I left years ago.

For example, I had 3 folders associated with my time as a DOE sub teacher. I kept one with the maps of all the schools I subbed at, But for the other 2, I cleared out all the obsolete & not-that important papers, and now the important forms I want to keep is now in just 1 folder.

I also cleared out the obsolete & not-that-important papers from a private sub service that I've been employed with. 

I also cleared out old bills that is more than a year old!


It feels so good to clear out the old junk.

As I've mentioned in older blog posts, I have been a recovering packrat!  


(you can read them at 

https://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-war-against-clutter.html

http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-apartment-gets-make-over.html


I like to collect papers, articles, etc. But after a while, they become obsolete and take up too much space.  So when I have time (which I really wish I have more of), I clear them out. The ones with confidential info gets shredded. Others just go in the trash can.

Not only do my folders and room feels cleansed, I feel cleansed too. 

So cleansed that I spent a few minutes blogging about it :)