Sunday, November 20, 2022

In Memory of Kristy Oshita

Kristy Oshita was a fellow student I met while I was an undergraduate student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM) circa 2003-2004. 

I met her through the Entrepreneur Club for which she was the club president.

Even though I wasn't a business major (I was a sociology major), a part of me still wanted to learn something about entrepreneurship.  The club was open to all majors, and while most were business majors, there were some other majors as well.

At the time, I was thinking about starting a record label, though it was a decade later that I start becoming an independent digital musician (check out Pablo the Mad Tiger Warrior on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud and wherever else music is sold or streamed)

What I remembered about Kristy Oshita was her fun, happy, bubbly personality.  She was fun to talk to and flirt with.  She definitely had a passion for the Entrepreneur Club and organized mixers where people get together to network. She was already a tennis instructor and had a passion for animal rights.

Years later, we reconnected on Facebook, and I noticed that she moved to New York and started some small businesses related to fitness. 

Sadly, she passed away last month due to complications from childbirth.  She was only 40 years old. 

She will be missed.

--------

You may read her obituary at