Friday, October 15, 2021

41 years old

 Today, I made it to being 41!



And just like last year, there will be no festivities.

Yes, I did get vaccinated! 

However, it's only been a month since Hawaii had a shortage of ICUs and oxygen tanks due to the outbreak of the delta variant. While case #s are declining, they could go back up again if people act as if we're still in 2019.  It was earlier this year when Honolulu mayor Rick Blangiardi was begging Hawaii governor David Ige to open up everything, and because of him, the delta variant outbreak happened and cases went up.  Case numbers went back down in recent weeks, and yet again, Blangiardi is begging to open up everything again. The cycle repeats itself. I won't contribute to that cycle by doing anything festive this year. Festivities will have to wait. 

Earlier this year, I made a YouTube speech telling people to take the coronavirus crisis seriously


Because I'm avoiding festivities this year, I'm becoming more of a recluse. I already enjoyed the blessing of living alone and can go days without socializing with others. But in the past, I also attended tons of public festivities, but now's not the time


Plus, I'm too old to be concerned about whether I need to "socialize more". That phase has passed a long time ago


Plus, I can still communicate with others via social media, email, and even the old-fashioned letters. I'm still socially connected, I just need a lot of me-time. 

-----

I'm still working (currently in a fashion store) but I would like to eventually return back to being employed in the library world. I do occasionally volunteer with the Friends of the Library of Hawaii. Earlier this year, we closed Books@Mark's. (learn more at this link) Since then, I did some shifts organizing shelves at their new book store on the days it is closed. The shop will soon move to a nearby location. 

And I'm still an independent artist under the name Pablo the Mad Tiger Warrior

I started selling merchandise with my art via RedBubble. Check it out at https://www.redbubble.com/people/madtigerwarrior/explore


 As for the music, I'm still focusing on finishing up my nearly-no-budget music videos for the songs from "Science Fiction Music" album. Check out Pablo the Mad Tiger Warrior  YouTube channel for updates.


 Afterward, I want to continue making tracks for a hip-hop instrumental album. 

As for a vocal album, I have no time for that now, but never say never! 


And of course, my major passion: This blog! I don't always have time to blog as much I like when, but stay tuned! You never know what interesting stuff I might share in the future :)