Sunday, January 05, 2020

response to an online chump who thinks I'm from somewhere else

Every  year around New Year's, local news media post articles on social media about the problems associated with fireworks, and a common response is 

  • fireworks is a local tradition
  • only "da haoles" want to get rid of fireworks.

Um, actually, the local regulations on fireworks are implemented by the state legislature and city council in which THE MAJORITY are locals of Non-European ancestries! 

You can't blame "The White Man" for everything!

I usually respond to those posts by reminding everyone that fireworks aren't really a local tradition because they didn't exist in Hawaii before Captain Cook.


here's a link to a comment thread I commented on


Joey Iaela thinks he had a classic response to me! He was wrong.

Here is what he said

Joey Iaela Pablo Wegesend Why are you in opposition, just curious, I did notice you moved here from the states. I took notice you know my daughter in-law [name deleted to protect an innocent bystander]. With no disrespect to anyone's.comment. I did respond to a lady, she moved here from the states and she complained to everyone. This is how we celebrate the New Year, year after year. We post our fireworks display for. FB friends, then we have people, that take up residency here, want to change our means and ways. Shoo go away!!! Or even better no comment on the post, go to City Hall and complain to them! This is my response to the negative comments you made about tradition. You kept contradicting our beliefs, and your point is..??? Have a good year!


Excuse me? You claim to have "noticed" that I "moved here from the states"   (note: this is code word for "you're from the continental US)

Really?

Because my parents sure didn't notice that I "moved here from the states".

Because I was born in Hawaii. Never lived anywhere else!

In other words, Joey Iaela stereotyped me!


I responded with a huge barrage of comments that Joey Iaela is too cowardly to acknowledge!


Here I go!

  • Pablo Wegesend Joey Iaela I only lived in Hawaii, never lived anywhere else! Don't tell me where I'm from! And yes, some local people have different opinions from you! You have your right to express your opinion, I have my right to express my opinion!

  • Pablo Wegesend Joey Iaela I'm curious, why did you assume I'm from somewhere else? Because of my name? Because I have the nerve to express an opinion different from you and your friends? You think everyone from here has to have the same opinion as you?

  • Pablo Wegesend One more thing, Yes I know your daughter in law. I know she'll be laughing at you when she finds out you made the stereotypical assumption about me being from somewhere else!

  • Pablo Wegesend But I guess some people just assume that everyone from a specific location is supposed to have the same perspective!

  • Pablo Wegesend But the fact remains: fireworks is an imported activity, saying that is stating facts regardless of where you from!

  • Pablo Wegesend I have real respect for real local traditions like hula, surfing, luaus and more. Nobody is taking that away from you!

  • Pablo Wegesend joey claims to have "noticed" that I "moved here from the states". In other words, Joey Iaela notices things that never happened. That's called hallucination!
Pablo Wegesend still no response from Joey Iaela! I know he read my responses, but has no decency to even apologize for stereotyping me and making false assumptions about where I'm from!

This 30-second video has WAY TOO MUCH reality for Joey Iaela to handle



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTwrsD4OSU





Joey Iaela, next time you want to sling mud at people, know your target! Otherwise, they'll sling it back at you harder than you'll ever believe!