Wednesday, January 01, 2020

2020 is here

I'm old enough to remember when 2000 was considered "The Future"

Now that year is 20 years old!  The students I currently work with weren't even born yet!

As for me, I was born in 1980. So that means I lived 20 years in the 20th century, and now I have lived 20 years in the 21st century.  Half of my life in both centuries.

This year, I will turn 40. Another major milestone. Not sure exactly how I'll celebrate it. I have ideas, but not ready to go public with them.


=============

I started the year celebrating at Haus Supper Club, a new nightclub located at Ala Moana Shopping Center.  The staff was wonderful, the music was great for most of the night. However, the dance floor was too tiny for the crowd that was there. 

I did advertise the event to my friends, they had other plans. I made my plan and sticked with it!  No regrets, no hard feelings. 

The highlight was when I was approached by a former classmate from high school. Actually, she graduated a year before me. We haven't communicated since then until last night.

The music slowed down circa 3am (the event was advertised to be up to 4am) and it was still crowded, I just left for the night!


=====

I am currently working at a middle school library as an assistant.

Part of me wants to stick around, but another part wants another library position that comes with higher pay. The question becomes when & where? I'm very picky about locations. But if an opportunity comes up in a great location, I would jump to it. Stay tuned! 


=====

Still volunteering with the Friends of the Library of Hawaii. I help them every First Friday at Books@Mark's, as well as their annual booksales

====


Pablo the Mad Tiger Warrior plans to release an instrumental album of slow relaxing music. 

The songs are done. I'm still waiting on distribution plans. Stay tuned! 



====

Rents gone up! Bus pass costs might go up (waiting for the city council on that one)! 

Hopefully, the union-negotiated contract gets approved this month so that my pay goes up!


With that, I could rely less on credit and pay off some debts. Last year, some loans been paid off. Time to get more paid off!