Sunday, January 17, 2016

In-person consultations superior to phone consultations

Here is a letter to Bervar & Jones, a law firm covered by Legal Shield, a pre-paid legal service


In the interest of dealing with my personal finances and as well as re-evaluating who I am doing business with, I am currently reconsidering whether I shall continue with LegalShield and Bervar & Jones.

The main factor that is motivating me to switch away from using LegalShield and Bervar & Jones is that when I was dealing with case #(number deleted from this blog post) , I asked Attorney Thuan Costa if I could meet with her to discuss the case, and she responded "we only do this over the phone".

I find this to be an extremely unacceptable business practice and I totally regret not pressing further to have an in-person consultation. An in-person consultation is vastly superior to a phone consultation  for the following reasons

  • static over the phone
  • wind interference
  • volume issues with the phone
  • in-person I can just point out to a document instead of wasting my breath saying 5 sentences when I can just point "this statement right here"
  • Better for the client to have a scheduled in-person consultation than to have to wait for the phone to ring! 



Never again will I EVER accept any attorney services that don't allow for the option of an in-person consultation!

If Bervar & Jones will not accept having in-person consultations in any of my future dealings, then I will have to say "Bye Felicia" to both Legal Shield  and Bervar & Jones! 

Please let me know within 2 weeks with a written statement that I will be guaranteed an in-person consultation (option) for any case I might deal with, otherwise, I will move on to a more suitable attorney service! 


Mahalo,

Pablo Wegesend


PS:  This was dealing with a case dealing with "Professional Victim Professor", which I wrote several blog posts about!




a pathetic attorney too stupid to realize the severe flaws of phone consultations. Too much of a coward to do in-person consultations