Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in review: personal life

 It's that time of year again, when I do a year in review blog post

----

1) My personal life


I have written so much on my personal life, that I'm not going to repeat them all here. Those who are curious can always click on the dated links on the side.

----

But one thing that is different this December from the last 4 Decembers was that this time, I'm NOT working at Macy's this holiday season!

Last year, I was finishing the semester at UHM, working as a substitute teacher AND starting my time as a holiday hire at Macy's  ---- ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Burnout!

Last year, I also worked shifts that ended 2am (yes, 2am). And yes there were people shopping after midnight, even bringing their kids (yes, even after midnight).

Needless to say, it was exhausting, to the point where I got sick after Christmas. That illness (while kept me out of New Year's celebrations  -   :( times a million ) also had its blessing in that I finally got some rest after months of non-stop business! 


So this year, I decided not to work at Macy's this year, and just focus on finishing this semester at UHM and take the last available shifts as a substitute teacher.  While the downside to that is that I have 3 weeks of no income opportunitiesI get some badly needed rest! 

One more thing, I really miss being the Macy's worker with the Santa hat this year! 

For those who didn't know me 3 years ago (or weren't connected on social media back then), then this link will teach you the Legend of The Santa Hat at Macys.

I also regret not being able to show off this Santa hat at Macy's this year!

Pablo Wegesend's photo
The Green UH Santa hat


-----
Also, this past year was my 2nd year as a student in the Library and Information Science (LIS) student at UHM.

I could graduate this coming semester, but I'll extend my time to take a summer class in Books & Media for Young Adults (I really want this class) and to be able to do 2 internships.

The first 2 years were just taking classes about the library profession. This year is about applying that knowledge for real .....................as an intern.

I'll announce where for facebook & LinkedIn followers tomorrow! 

------ 

Other highlights of 2014

"My 15-year high school reunion"

Also, for Halloween, I had the green dress shirt and green Afro!


Pablo Wegesend's photo

 I also got tickets for "Heroes & Villains" Halloween party at Hyatt Regency Waikiki. The organizers were great at promoting the event, but were unprepared for the crowds waiting outside. AT one point, they just said "we can't let any more people in", waited for those waiting outside to leave, then allowed people to come in!


It better not be like that for the New Year's party at Kakaako!