Sunday, December 26, 2004

My Christmas

My Christmas vacation started off good with the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve, with Hawaii defeating Alabama-Birmingham 59-40. If you're not into football, try learn about it and watch some games. The game is more complicated than soccer or basketball, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes fun.

Then on Christmas, I visited some relatives. One of the visiting relatives was my cousin Don from Waianae, who was fighting in Iraq. Earlier this year, his arm was shot. Now, he has to wear a brace for his elbow.I was talking to Don about his experiences in the military, boot camp, his travels to Atlanta & New Orleans, the time he was in South Korea and his time fighting in Iraq. I now consider Don Wegesend one of my heroes.

I was also talking to Don's father, "Uncle Puddy" who was once in the military and is now a bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ & Latter Day Saints (aka Mormon Church). I also got some "dont give up advice" from my uncle Warren, which was great since that motivates me to work on my goal in the music industry.

As for presents, I got some gift cards from my parents and my brother & his wife. I'll go on a shopping spree, mostly to buy clothes. I now need to buy some professional-looking clothing now that I'm out of college.