Thursday, August 20, 2020

In memory of Lu-Ann Aguilar

Lu-Ann Aguilar (aka Miss Lu-Ann)  was an Educational Assistant (EA) at Princess Kaiulani Elementary School, one of the schools I spent a lot of time subbing at. 

She shared a classroom with a Special Education teacher Peggy Barretto (aka Miss Peggy) which was their headquarters before they go to different inclusion classrooms to help students who needed extra assistance. 

Miss Lu-Ann also assisted the school's JPO's (Junior Police Officer), which are basically student crossing guards.

When I subbed at the school, it was always a joy whenever I had the chance to talk with Miss Lu-Ann. We would compare notes on what we observed from the students we worked with that day. She had a good sense of humor about situations, but she could also be stern with students who misbehaved. 

-----

I have learned that Miss Lu-Ann passed away on Saturday, August 1st. 

I am not aware about the cause of her death at this time.