Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Stating Facts is NOT slander

Some people think that mentioning embarrassing facts is slander and defamation of character!

But what is slander?


(from dictionary.com)




noun

  1. defamation; calumny:rumors full of slander.
  2. malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:slander against his good name.
  3. Lawdefamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

Notice that the word false is in bold

False is one of the required criteria to be slander!


What is defamation?

(from dictionary.com)



noun

  1. the act of defamingfalse or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel;calumny:She sued the magazine for defamation of character.


Again, I put false in bold!


Mentioning embarrassing facts doesn't count! 



=======


I use my blogs to defend myself and my honor!

Doing so isn't cyberbullying, it is Cyber-Standing-Up-to-Bullying! 



A lot of times, if you don't stand up for yourself, then nobody else will!

Since beating up your enemies can send you to jail, I just go on my blogs and expose the wrongdoings committed by others!

Silence is not an option! Silence can be interpreted as "approval" or "no worries, it wasn't that bad".

===

After all, if I did something wrong, I have to own, regardless of how embarrassing it is!

But exposing wrongdoers isn't wrong, and standing up to bullying is NOT cyberbullying!