Saturday, January 09, 2016

Identity Crisis - Trademark edition

A few days ago, I mentioned about  the 4 stage names I was considering for myself.

http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2016/01/identity-crisis-nickname-edition.html


The 4 stage names listed were

Pablo The Mad Tiger!


Pablo the Tiger Warrior!

Pablo the rainboTiger

Pablo the Green Tiger! 

------------


But the thing about selecting stage names I forgot to consider is  .................................. has it already been taken?


OK, with a Google Search, I found there was no other "Pablo the (fill in the blank) ".


It's the last 2 words in the stage names that could be a problem!



----------------



Let's start with "Mad Tiger"

Here is what Google found






There's this Japanese movie about some crazy performers and there's a judo academy in Mililani!

But then again, I already mentioned about being "Pablo The Mad Tiger" back in 2003, I even named my 1st blog (before I switched to this blog) http://pablothemadtiger.blogspot.com/ 


So let's look at the other stage names

---------------------


Tiger Warrior!


Here is what Google found






"Tiger Warrior" is a novel that came out in 2009!


But I already declared myself "Pablo The Tiger Warrior" back in 2008!


But the novel writer probably won't know that and will probably take legal action not knowing that!

-----------------------


rainboTiger



Here is what Google found



There is a 2004 children's book titled the "Rainbow Tiger", which is supposed to be a story about a tiger that wanted to be multi-colored like a rainbow.


So yeah, I might get a trademark suit if I called myself a "Rainbow Tiger". 


----------

Green Tiger!

Here is what Google found




So many Green Tigers! There's a vegetarian restaurant in Thailand, a marijuana dealer in Long Beach, a publisher in Seattle, and an Irish company dealing with fuel efficiency! Plus, so many images of green tigers! 

-----------------------




Or maybe I should just give everyone's vocal cords and typing fingers more work by combining my stage names like



Pablo the rainbo
Tiger Warrior!


Pablo the Mad Tiger Warrior




I'm leaning toward the 2nd one, though the 1st one might work too!



Let me know, email me or facebook me!