Sunday, March 17, 2013

Random thoughts

1) You all heard the cliche "I was only joking".

Yeah, if you were really funny, I would actually be laughing.

And you wouldn't have to say "I was only joking"


Dont be the one who says "I was only joking". Be the one who actually makes people laugh!



2) Yeah, I dont always have time to go to certain events.


Some guy asked if I was going to some block party that night.

My answer : no! 

He asked "why?"

I said "no more time"

He didn't like that answer.

Next time, I should just tell him "mind your own business"




3) If you see me at the library reading something or using the computer, please wait until I'm done before "talking story" to me!




4) If you're going to major in medicine, I would think you would want to visit a hospital, right?

If you're majoring in political science, I would think you would want to visit  City Hall or State Capitol, right?

I know, duh right?

But I know this one student majoring in "Library and Information Science" that is too lazy to visit a public library and didn't even know where the Hawaii State Library is.

She also gets offended when suggested that librarians should actually walk with patrons to help find items. A person with that attitude wouldn't last long at Macy's!

And this other student in a Library and Information Science class doesn't even want to use a book, thinks everything should be in a "digital format"


Yep, both students in Library and Information Science that would rather stay home and hide behind the computer instead of ...............you know..........visit a library and read a book?


Who knows, maybe those students can surf without going to the ocean, or surf without using a surfboard.
 

Good luck with that!





5)  Anyways, I hope you all have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day!