Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Thoughts

It's that day of the year!

People wearing costumes, kids going trick-or-treat for candy, young adults walking the streets looking for attention, and late night parties.

Traditional Halloween symbols emphasize scariness, with characters like the ghosts, goblins, witches, and monsters.

Within the last few decades, popular Halloween characters include serial killers, and horror movie characters like Freddy Kruger, "Jason", and other scary folks.


Others prefer less scary characters ranging from superheros, M&M candies, Disney characters,  presidents, etc.

For many women (and some men), it's that time of year to show their wild and sexy side, with revealing costumes.

--------

For me, I'm not into the scary stuff.  I'm  not into horror movies and have no interest in glorifying serial killers, devils or other monsters.


But I LOVE the fun side of Halloween. I love the funny costumes, I love the crazy looking characters, and off course, the ladies in the sexy costumes.


I did paint my face a few times in the past. For a few years, I was Vili the Warrior, the former UH mascot some might find scary, but I find him to be an entertaining character!



2005 @ Ala Wai Elementary School



 2006 @ Palama Settlement

-----------------------



For my high school reunion year (2009), I painted my face in with tiger stripes!

2009 @ Waikiki


---------------------


I died my hair the last few years.


10/29/10 @ Niu Valley Middle School
(Halloween was Sunday that year, so we did Halloween stuff on Friday)




2011 @ Ala Moana Macy's
(it's hard to see, but I sprayed my hair green. It was already fading by the time this photo was taken)


And now I got the clown wig!

today :)

--------

Here in Hawaii, Waikiki is where the action is every Halloween night. People walk around in different costumes, as seeing all of them is a major entertainment activity.

I have seen people becoming Sarah Palin, John McCain, Lady Gaga, Eazy-E, LL Cool J and  I even remember one guy wearing the #7 Atlanta Falcons jersey and a chain choking a few dogs. Yep,  that guy was the white version of Micheal Vick! (note: I'm not endorsing that costume, I'm just noting what I have seen!)


There was supposed to be a Halloween block party in Chinatown last Saturday. Problem was ........the tsunami warning!  YIKES!  I was on the way there when the sirens sounded. By the time I got off the bus, people were talking about evacuations. While the tsunami never came, it was better to be safe than sorry.


Tonight, I will walk around somewhere, but I can't stay up too late. After all,  this Halloween falls in  the middle of the week :(