Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In memory of Tatiana Beasley

I've only been a substitute teacher for 4 years, and already one of my former students has died!

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/20090722_Vocal_Beasley_left_lasting_impression.html

I only met Tatiana Beasley once.

This was during that one time I was called to sub @ Roosevelt High School. I was there for Mr. Kanno, a health/PE teacher.

Tatiana Beasley was in the weight training class and she helped me with recording the attendance (ie. noting down who's absent, etc. ).

I could already sense she was probably on one of the school's sports teams. About a few weeks later, the local newspapers had an article about her being a star on the school's girls basketball team!

Unfortunately, Beasley died earlier this month in a car accident!

You never know when it's all going to end!

Condolences to the friends & family of Ms Beasley.