Friday, June 08, 2007

Kam Bowl

Kam Bowl's is closing down this coming week.


http://starbulletin.com/2007/06/06/news/story03.html

Kam Bowls was one of my favorite eating places , which is across the street from Kam Shopping Center (both places named after King Kamehameha) and right down the mountain from (drumroll, please) Kamehameha Schools.

(what an irony, my previous post criticized King Kamehameha!)

ANYWAYS!

Kam Bowl had a bowling alley and a restaurant (Kapiolani Coffee Shop).

While Kam Bowl was famous for it's oxtail soup (my dad's favorite), I really, really loved it's fried rice & scrambled eggs.

While many people prefer a fancier place to eat with their families on their birthdays, I always chose to have my birthday meal at Kam Bowls.

Unfortunately, on my birthday (October 15th) last year, there was an earthquake, so I wasn't able to go to Kam Bowl.

Because Kam Bowl is about to close down, I won't be able to have another birthday meal there!


So it means my last birthday meal @ Kam Bowl's was my 25th birthday in 2005.

End of last year, Tower Records closed (see my 12/21/06 post) and Kam Bowls is going to close. It makes me wonder what other favorite business of mine would close in the near future?

I'm going to miss Kam Bowl and it's fried rice & scrambled eggs!