Friday, September 02, 2005

Alcohol at UH football games

I'm looking forward to start of the U.H. football season tommorow, as the Warriors take on the Trojans of USC.

Unfortunately, the folks at Aloha Stadium has done the cowardly thing and delayed the decision on whether to ban alcohol at games.

The idea that "getting drunk at games is part of the experience" is stupid. I dont watch sports to get drunk, I watch sports to see the action on the field.

I love to yell and get wild, especially when I'm around friends who do the same thing. But at least I'm sober when I'm making noise at games.

However, when spectators are drunk, they make stupid comments and you want them to shut up. But most of wouldn't tell them to "shut up" because we don't want to get into a fight. That is why so many have said they don't want to watch games at the stadium anymore.

Same thing with nightclubs. I like to party and make noise when the music is playing. However, at many clubs, there's some drunken fools that make stupid comments or start a fight because you made eye contact, or you bumped into them, or they're jealous of your girlfriend/boyfriend.