Friday, December 10, 2004

The passing of musicians


1) It's been more than a month since Ol Dirty Bastard passed away. I was too busy to post a comment on the blog. He was a funny guy!

I'll always remember the remix he did with Mariah Carey's "Fantasy", though it was the original version of that song had the better beat.

And the Grammy awards in 1998 when he ran on stage upset that his group Wu-Tang Clan didn't win. He said he wasn't against Puffy, just that he wanted his group to win.

2) Dimebag Darell, formerly the guitarist of Pantera, then Damageplan was shot to death a few days ago.

I remembered from 1992, when my older brother introduced me to Pantera! They were one of the greatest and under-rated heavy metal bands in the 1990's. However, MTV was too chicken-shit to play their videos while playing over-rated crap from over-rated alternative bands. MTV was also too-chicken shit to play stuff from Sepultura (a Brazilian metal band) and Biohazard (an NY rap-metal band who talked about the dangers of the NY streets).

If you dont know much about Pantera's music, I suggest you get their greatest hits CD. You get to know classic stuff from Pantera.