Tuesday, October 15, 2024

My Double 4 years

 Today, it's official!


I am now 44 years old! 



The biggest news lately has been my health, as I was recently in the hospital due to jaundice, high level of liver enzymes in my blood and a blockage found near my pancreas.

You can read all about it at 



One of the doctors I've talked to kept calling me "young man". I'm like "dude, I'm in my 40's".   I guess when you're like 60, anything under 50 is "young".  

 Even though there's a generation gap between 44-year old me and the new young adults. 

Let's put it this way, 9/11 happened when I was a Young Man.  The new young adults weren't even born yet when it happened.  My nieces are in college and they weren't born yet when 9/11 happened.  To them, social media and smartphones have always existed in their life. None of those things existed yet when I became a young man. 


=========

Anyways, back to my health  - still recovering. Less nausea, less fatigue. But still experiencing upper abdominal pain due to pancreas inflammation (expected side effect of the ECRP procedure described in previous post).

As for my appetite .............. earlier this morning, I had my usual birthday breakfast at Asahi Grill, where I usually eat fried rice & scrambled egg. In normal circumstances, I could easily eat the whole thing in 1 sitting. This time, I couldn't even finish and had to take some home to finish later. 

For the rest of the day, I'll relax and rest. and spent too much time on the screens, LOL! 

I used to go to events on my birthday, but since the pandemic, I basically retired from the night-life.  Also, I need to rest due to my recent health experiences.