Tuesday, March 29, 2005

USA vs Mexico soccer

I didn't have time to work on this blog the last few days, which is why I'm late in commenting on last Sunday's soccer game between USA and Mexico.

The game took place in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium (Estadio Azteca) which holds up to 105,000. The American fans had guts to watch the game at that stadium

Mexico defeated USA 2-1. The Mexicans were too fast and aggressive.

Which team did I support? USA

This might shock some people just because I have some Mexican ancestry. However, I AM NOT A CITIZEN OF MEXICO, I'M A CITIZEN OF THE USA!

Does anybody ask a white American if he/she supports Germany over the USA? Or support Ireland over the USA? Or support England over the USA?

If you was watching the World Cup in 2002, you'd probably find some Americans of German ancestry cheering on USA against Germany. So dont be surprised if you find Chicanos supporting the USA over Mexico!