Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Facebook's 1-decade anniversary.

Here is my facebook status update that I want to share on this blog

Congratulations to facebook for their 1 decade anniversary.
Facebook allowed me to reunite with people in my past and allow them to be a part of my future!


Facebook has broken down barriers in that it allowed me to get to know people that I only had a few interactions in person, and it allowed them to get to know who I really am!

Facebook also gave allowed us to share articles, music videos and photos with each other, giving us greater access to information out there.

I'll go as far as saying that Facebook is one of the greatest inventions that occurred in my lifetime. Thank you to the founders of Facebook. And more importantly thank you to everyone on my Facebook friends list, I really appreciate you all!

Check out my previous blog posts about facebook

"One year on facebook" which I wrote on June 2010, my 1-year anniversary of joining facebook
 http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-year-on-facebook.html

Now, my facebook list has 214 friends. These are people from various parts of my life, from elementary school, middle school, high school, college, a few work colleagues, and a few others I met in other phases of my life! You'd be surprised how easy it is to get that many people on your list. In fact, I know people who started facebook later than me, have more people than 214.

Having that many people on the list, and reading their updates on their lives has been very emotionally beneficial for me! Just being connected to them makes me feel good, even on days when I am feeling down. We can also share our joys in our triumphant moments, and we can also console each other in our greatest tragedies. Even if we live miles away and haven't seen each other in person since the previous millenium. I've seen so many of that happening in my 1st year of facebook, and will so more of it soon.

The most heart-warming part of using facebook was reconnecting with a few I haven't seen since elementary school. So much life happened since then, but we still remember each other! I'll always cherish that!


Also check out ................

 "My debate with a facebook hating uncle" (one of my shortest blog posts ever)
http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-debate-with-facebook-hating-uncle.html

"Facebook and Pop Culture is GREAT for the world!"
http://pablowegesend.blogspot.com/2011/07/facebook-and-pop-culture-is-great-for.html